Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Kafka GSSAPI error

Solved Go to solution

Kafka GSSAPI error

Super Guru

On a kerberized HDP 2.5.3 cluster, I created a kafka topic and now trying to produce a message

./bin/kafka-console-producer.sh --broker-list xx.hortonworks.com:6667,xxxl.hortonworks.com:6667,xxxxhortonworks.com:6667,xxx.hortonworks.com:6667 --topic sunile1 --security-protocol PLAINTEXTSASL

and get the following error:

[2017-03-23 21:36:42,838] WARN Unexpected error from xxx.hortonworks.com/xxx.xx.xxx.xx; closing connection (org.apache.kafka.common.network.Selector)
org.apache.kafka.common.errors.IllegalSaslStateException: Unexpected handshake request with client mechanism GSSAPI, enabled mechanisms are [GSSAPI]
[2017-03-23 21:36:42,931] WARN Unexpected error from xx.hortonworks.com/xxx.xx.xxx.xx; closing connection (org.apache.kafka.common.network.Selector)

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Kafka GSSAPI error

Super Guru

@Sriharsha Chintalapani Thank you very much. Found the issue. My SASL port is 6668 not 6667

1 REPLY 1

Re: Kafka GSSAPI error

Super Guru

@Sriharsha Chintalapani Thank you very much. Found the issue. My SASL port is 6668 not 6667

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here