Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Kerberized HDP 2.4 - Ambari Metric (v 2.2.2.0) shutting down

Highlighted

Re: Kerberized HDP 2.4 - Ambari Metric (v 2.2.2.0) shutting down

Expert Contributor

@Aravindan Vijayan , when fire the following, i don't see any output

[root@sandbox hbase-tmp]# netstat -a | grep 61181

[root@sandbox hbase-tmp]#

seems the local zookeeper is not running .. how to start this ?

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

@Aravindan Vijayan - any updates on this ?

I tried re-installing AMBARI METRICS, and still see the same error..

Pls note - Grafana & Metrics Monitor are starting up fine.

2016-12-11 17:00:38,348 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper: Possibly transient ZooKeeper, quorum=localhost:61181, exception=org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException: KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /ams-hbase-secure 2016-12-11 17:00:38,348 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper: ZooKeeper exists failed after 4 attempts 2016-12-11 17:00:38,348 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKUtil: hconnection-0x155aa3ef-0x158eed3ab0f0002, quorum=localhost:61181, baseZNode=/ams-hbase-secure Unable to set watcher on znode (/ams-hbase-secure) org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException: KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /ams-hbase-secure at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:99) at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:51) at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.exists(ZooKeeper.java:1045) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper.exists(RecoverableZooKeeper.java:221) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKUtil.checkExists(ZKUtil.java:417)

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

@Jonas Straub - looping you in .. pls, let me know if you ave inputs on this ?

thanks!

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

@Paul Codding - looping you in, pls let me know if you have any pointers on this.

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

@Karan Alang

I see that HBase is trying to connect to zk at ping localhost.localdomain. Metrics collector is still trying to connect to localhost. Is there a way you can change ur settings such that it tries to connect localhost.?

Highlighted

Expert Contributor
@Aravindan Vijayan

I guess it is taking it from /etc/hosts, not sure how to change that -

[root@sandbox ~]# cat /etc/hosts # File is generated from /usr/lib/hue/tools/start_scripts/gen_hosts.sh # Do not remove the following line, or various programs # that require network functionality will fail. 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost 10.0.2.15 sandbox.hortonworks.com sandbox ambari.hortonworks.com

For now, i've changed it Metrics Collector to distributed mode, it seems to be working fine.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Also posted this in https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/23512/metrics-collector-is-not-starting-showing-error-re...

Can you check if there's a hs_err_pidXXXX.log file in /var/log/ambari-metrics-collector? I had the same issue and this log said "There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue." Tuning the memory settings of Ambari Metrics according to these guidelines solved the problem for me: https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.1.0/bk_ambari_reference_guide/content/_ams_gene...

Highlighted

@Karan Alang - Were you able to resolve the issue?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here