Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

[Kerberos ][Cloudera manager 7] Unable to create a kudu table from impala shell after enabling kerberos

Explorer

Hi , 

Kindly for your support, I'm trying to create a kudu table from impala shell after enabling kerberos but i got the following error: 

ERROR: AnalysisException: Cannot analyze Kudu table 'courses_kudu': Error determining if Kudu's integration with the Hive Metastore is enabled: Couldn't find a valid master in (cloudera.ngdw.com:7051). Exceptions received: [org.apache.kudu.client.NonRecoverableException: Server requires Kerberos, but this client is not authenticated (missing or expired TGT)]

Kindly find attached steps and error returned. kerberos-kudu-impala-shell.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi @hebamahmoud 

You mean even after configuring the KUDU-HMS integration you are still facing the same issue/error? Can you confirm?

Have you followed the given workaround on all HMS servers?

https://docs.cloudera.com/cdp-private-cloud-base/7.1.7/runtime-release-notes/topics/rt-pvc-known-iss...

If that does not work can you try below and check?

CM > kudu > configuration> kudu service Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve) ==> --trusted_user_acl=impala,hive and restart the kudu services,

Regards,

Chethan YM

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Explorer

Any support is highly appreciated.

Explorer

Hi , 

I tried to create a kudu table from hue but i got the same error in impala shell , Kindly support. 

HueKudu.png

Explorer

Hi, 

I checked cloudera runtime 7.1.7 know issues for kudu , i found that HMS integration isn't supported.  Although i disabled Kudu and HMS integration configuration , i'm still getting the same error message from impala shell and hue. 

ERROR: AnalysisException: Cannot analyze Kudu table 'courses_kudu': Error determining if Kudu's integration with the Hive Metastore is enabled: Couldn't find a valid master in (cloudera.ngdw.com:7051). Exceptions received: [org.apache.kudu.client.NonRecoverableException: Server requires Kerberos, but this client is not authenticated (missing or expired TGT)]

KuduHMS.pnge. 

https://docs.cloudera.com/cdp-private-cloud-base/7.1.7/runtime-release-notes/topics/rt-pvc-known-iss...

Kindly support.

Explorer

Hi, 

I tried disabling kerberos for Kudu and i'm able to create a table from impala-shell. Once i re-enabled kerberos configuration for kudu , i got the same issue. 

Any advice or recommendation for configuring kerberos for kudu service in cloudera runtime 7.1.7. 

Any recommendation is highly appreciated.

Master Mentor

@hebamahmoud 
You first need to integrate Kudu with HMS  I would advise you to read the whole document

Geoffrey

Explorer

Dear @Shelton  , 

Many thanks. Initially, i configured kudu with HMS and i got the same issue creating kudu table. Until i checked a know issue in Cloudera runtime 7.1.7 in Kudu and HMS. 

Kindly check 

Then i disabled Kudu and HMS integration , unfortunately i got the same error. 

Troubleshooting and investigating the issue shows it's kerberos related configuration because

1. Once i disabled kerberos for kudu , i managed to create a kudu table from impala-shell and hue.  
  2. I verified in a non-kerberized cluster in different machine , creating a kudu table from impala shell and hue and it worked.

Any recommendation for troubleshooting and investigating issue for configuring kudu kerberos in cloudera 7.1.7 runtime. 

Thanks in advance

Super Guru

@hebamahmoud ,

Try enabling the Kudu Service as a dependency for the Impala service, as shown below.

araujo_0-1662096176046.png

When you do that Impala will use the selected Kudu service as the default service whenever you use a Kudu table that does not explicitly sets the Kudu masters.

If you don't set the property above you can still use Kudu from Impala but when you create the table you have to specify the Kudu masters through the TBLPROPERTIES clause.

Cheers,

André

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Super Guru

@hebamahmoud ,

Did you try enabling the dependency between Kudu and Impala, as per my post above?

Cheers,

André

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Explorer

Dear @araujo , 

Many thanks , yes . This configuration is already enabled and configured.  

Any recommendation for troubleshooting and investigating issue for configuring kudu kerberos in cloudera 7.1.7 runtime is highly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance,