Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Kerberos Generating Missing Credentials Failed

Kerberos Generating Missing Credentials Failed

New Contributor

When I try to generate missing credentials through the Cloudera Manager it throws this error

/opt/cloudera/cm/bin/gen_credentials.sh failed with exit code 1 and output of <<
+ export PATH=/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/lib/mit/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/lib/mit/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
+ PATH=/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/lib/mit/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/lib/mit/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
+ CMF_REALM=EXAMPLE.CLUSTER
+ KEYTAB_OUT=/tmp/cmf8761528296698053271.keytab
+ PRINC=HTTP/host03.example.com@EXAMPLE.CLUSTER
+ MAX_RENEW_LIFE=432000
+ KADMIN='kadmin -k -t /tmp/cmf2607760299381166129.keytab -p admin/admin@EXAMPLE.CLUSTER -r EXAMPLE.CLUSTER'
+ RENEW_ARG=
+ '[' 432000 -gt 0 ']'
+ RENEW_ARG='-maxrenewlife "432000 sec"'
+ '[' -z /etc/krb5.conf ']'
+ echo 'Using custom config path '\''/etc/krb5.conf'\'', contents below:'
+ cat /etc/krb5.conf
+ kadmin -k -t /tmp/cmf2607760299381166129.keytab -p admin/admin@EXAMPLE.CLUSTER -r EXAMPLE.CLUSTER -q 'addprinc -maxrenewlife "432000 sec" -randkey HTTP/host03.example.com@EXAMPLE.CLUSTER'
kadmin: Cannot contact any KDC for realm 'EXAMPLE.CLUSTER' while initializing kadmin interface

>>

However, I am able to manually connect all my hosts to the KDC through the kadmin command and typing in the admin/admin password. Any advice on how I can fix this?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here