Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Kerberos HBase Zookeeper fails

Highlighted

Kerberos HBase Zookeeper fails

New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to kerberise my HBase Cluster and I get some problems with Zookeeper. When I start Hbase I get this error on the Master log :

ERROR [main-SendThread(X.X.X.X:2181)] client.ZooKeeperSaslClient: An error: (java.security.PrivilegedActionException: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Server not found in Kerberos database (7) - LOOKING_UP_SERVER)]) occurred when evaluating Zookeeper Quorum Member's  received SASL token. Zookeeper Client will go to AUTH_FAILED state.

ERROR [main-SendThread(X.X.X.X:2181)] zookeeper.ClientCnxn: SASL authentication with Zookeeper Quorum member failed: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: An error: (java.security.PrivilegedActionException: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Server not found in Kerberos database (7) - LOOKING_UP_SERVER)]) occurred when evaluating Zookeeper Quorum Member's  received SASL token. Zookeeper Client will go to AUTH_FAILED state.

DEBUG [main-EventThread] zookeeper.ZKWatcher: master:16000-0x16c236187be0000, quorum=Y.Y.Y.Y:2181,X.X.X.X:2181, baseZNode=/hbase Received ZooKeeper Event, type=None, state=AuthFailed, path=null
DEBUG [main] zookeeper.ZooKeeper: Close called on already closed client

On the Zookeeper log, I get :

WARN  [QuorumPeer[myid=0]/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:2181] quorum.Learner: Unexpected exception, tries=0, connecting to /X.X.X.X:2888
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
        at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.Learner.connectToLeader(Learner.java:229)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.Follower.followLeader(Follower.java:71)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeer.run(QuorumPeer.java:937)

I verified my firewall, the ports are open

For the configuration, I followed the HBase Reference Guide :

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#zk.sasl.auth

At first I thought it was a problem with my keytab but Hadoop is working fine with it.

I run HBase 2.0.5, Hadoop 3.1.2 and the Zookeeper is the one provided by HBase.