Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Kerberos issue

Kerberos issue

New Contributor

Hello, 

I am trying to configure Spring XD on Cloudera.

Spring is working fine when I am trying to save the data in my local machine but when I am trying to store data in HDFS, I am getting the error: 

2015-07-20T13:05:08-0500 WARN Spring Shell o.a.h.i.Client:675 - Exception encountered while connecting to the server : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Server has invalid Kerberos principal: hdfs/bdr3cdh5node1.nj.us.eld.ericsson.se@NJ.US.ELD.ERICSSON.SE
ls: Failed on local exception: java.io.IOException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Server has invalid Kerberos principal: hdfs/bdr3cdh5node1.nj.us.eld.ericsson.se@NJ.US.ELD.ERICSSON.SE; Host Details : local host is: "bdr3cdh5node1.nj.us.eld.ericsson.se/192.4.27.31"; destination host is: "bdr3cdh5node1.nj.us.eld.ericsson.se":8020;

I've already gone through the solutions provided in other forums. Please let me know how should I proceed.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Kerberos issue

Rising Star

Hello,

Please try to regenerate your kerberos principal.

Administration --> Security --> Kerberos Credentials --> (select hdfs/bdr3cdh5node1.nj.us.eld.ericsson.se@NJ.US.ELD.ERICSSON.SE) --> Regenerate Selected

Gabor

Re: Kerberos issue

Super Guru

Hello,

The "Server Has An Invalid Principal" can occur at times for a few reasons, but many times it can happen in a kerberos cross-realm trust between two realms where the client is in one realm connecting to a cluster in another realm.

On the client side, you can add the following property to bypass:

dfs.namenode.kerberos.principal.pattern=*

Or, make sure the following is set in your client's hdfs-site.xml:

<property>
<name>dfs.namenode.kerberos.principal.pattern</name>
<value>*</value>
</property>

I haven't coded with Spring XD, so I'm not entirely sure how to have the property set via Spring...