Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here. Want to know more about what has changed? Check out the Community News blog.

Kerberos-solr issue

Highlighted

Kerberos-solr issue

Explorer

Hi 

When I am trying to access my solrCloud web UI page, deployed in cloudera cluster, I have encountered with the error "DEFECTED TOKENS DETECTED". It is because of kerbarose installed on cluster.

Is there any other way that I can access solr in this scenario with kerbarose installed ?

I got one option that - an API should be built to access solr ui page by passing kerberos parameters.Is it possible? If so,how?

Writing a java program helps in any way for connecting to solr? While writing a java program also, i have to give connection to solr URL with port or zookeeper host variable for indexing and querying. Will that java program work out?

Please help me out.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Kerberos-solr issue

Cloudera Employee

Assuming Solr is set up correctly with kerberos, you can access it from your web browser.  You have to set up kerberos for your web browser -- every browser has specific instructions.  I would recommend connecting first via "curl" to ensure kerberos is working.