Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Kerbores issue.

Kerbores issue.

I have two cluster with kerbores enable and both are in different domain. Now i am trying to do distcp but i am getting error :-

hadoop distcp -D ipc.client.fallback-to-simple-auth-allowed=true -D mapreduce.job.queuename=long_running -skipcrccheck -update -pb hdfs://nn1:8020/tmp/data.txt hdfs://nn2:8020/tmp Caused by: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Server not found in Kerberos database (7) - UNKNOWN_SERVER)] this is the error

java.io.IOException: Couldn't setup connection for user@HADOOP_PII_DEV1.TST.KOHLS.COM to nn1/0.0.0.0:8020. Plz gekp me to understand this issue and he;p to resolve this issue.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Kerbores issue.

Guru

Looks like cross realm trust is not setup? Please take a look at this article on how to configure for distcp between 2 secure clusters.

Hi ravi,

I done all the setup which is mentioned in link, but getting same error.

hadoop distcp -D ipc.client.fallback-to-simple-auth-allowed=true -D mapreduce.job.queuename=long_running -skipcrccheck -update -pb hdfs://nn1:8020/tmp/data.txt hdfs://nn2:8020/tmp Caused by: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Server not found in Kerberos database (7) - UNKNOWN_SERVER)] this is the error

java.io.IOException: Couldn't setup connection for user@HADOOP_PII_DEV1.TST.KOHLS.COM to nn1/0.0.0.0:8020. Plz gekp me to understand this issue and he;p to resolve this issue.

New Contributor

From here, do your nodes have hostnames set up, and hadoop is configured with those hostnames?

If so, can you confirm the name node service principals have been created with those hostnames? i.e. nn/myhostname1@MYREALM.COM, nn/myhostname2@MYREALM.COM etc

yes I have hostname set up and hadoop is configured with the same.

Also the name node service principals are created with the hostname.