Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

KiteSDK integration

KiteSDK integration

Explorer

I'm developing custom processor, and i'm trying to use kitesdk in it. I added kite-data-core to my maven file but still i get errors like: Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.lang.StringEscapeUtils

After i add this dependency to my processor i get error for Logger dependency. And i did some searching about kite-sdk but i did not found anything. Is this a normal thing? Do i need all these dependencies for kitesdk.

I'm building CSV to JSON processor, and the class that i use when i get these errors is CSVProperties.

This is more a dev question.

Best

Bojan

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: KiteSDK integration

Expert Contributor

Nifi contains an entire package of Kite processors. Take a look at the pom file for the package to see its dependencies.

https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-kite-bundle/nifi-kite-processors/po...

Highlighted
Highlighted

Explorer

Thank you all for responses, i will check the links and i hope after that will continue working on processor, and if i finish it i will publish it. CSV to JSON would be so nice to have.

Best

Bojan

Highlighted

Super Guru

with NIFI you can do CSV to AVRO and then AVRO to JSON. but JSON is not the best format as it is very verbose and not compressed

Highlighted

Explorer

I'm already using CSV -> AVRO -> JSON. Avro is better but problem is when you want to write to SQL. Also, with JSON you have JOLT, which can be useful for basic transformations. I'm not testing nifi with large amount of data, just some basic ETL stuff.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here