Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Kudu TS Data

Highlighted

Kudu TS Data

Contributor

Hello All,

Would there be any implications on Kudu applications performance etc, in case we delete Kudu TS data. Requesting any help / guidance on the same.

Regards

Wert

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Kudu TS Data

Cloudera Employee

What do you mean? How is application performance affected when you delete the applications data? Is there a specific problem you are seeing?

Contributor

I have a small POC cluster for our Dev team wherein disk space is precious. I see that a lot of data and metadata located in: data/kudu/ts/data hence was hoping if I could delete them and recover space.

Since I am unsure whether deleteing this would affect application performace or render it useless, wanted some information / advise on this.

Rising Star

The disk space used by a tserver generally reflects all "reachable" (i.e. live or not-yet-aged-out) data in live tablets hosted by that tserver. As with most database systems, the simplest way to reclaim disk space is to delete some tables.

But, it sounds like you think your tserver is consuming more disk space than it should. Could you share more information about your tables/tablets and the corresponding disk space usage to help us understand your position?