Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Learning the Ropes of the Hortonworks Sandbox (tutorial) SECTION 2 :1.4 SEND DATA BETWEEN AZURE SANDBOX & LOCAL MACHINE,Learning the ropes of the HortonWorks Sandbox (tutorial) - SECTION 2- 1.4 SEND DATA BETWEEN AZURE SANDBOX & LOCAL MACHINE doesnt work

Highlighted

Learning the Ropes of the Hortonworks Sandbox (tutorial) SECTION 2 :1.4 SEND DATA BETWEEN AZURE SANDBOX & LOCAL MACHINE,Learning the ropes of the HortonWorks Sandbox (tutorial) - SECTION 2- 1.4 SEND DATA BETWEEN AZURE SANDBOX & LOCAL MACHINE doesnt work

Explorer

According to the tutorial one can use GiT Bash. The first image clearly shows the file is there.

The second image shows my steps in trying to use the tutorial and the results of those efforts.

azure is my user name and 24.176.105.180 is my IP on the azure cloud. I am using an acer laptop with Windows 10.

When I use port 2222 I'm rejected. When I use port 22 ... no such file or directory...

6211-sanbox-assistance-a.png

According to the tutorial, the commands should work in Git Bash. The top image shows the file.

The second image shows me following the directions of the tutorial and the results.

I am using an acer laptop with windows 10.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Learning the Ropes of the Hortonworks Sandbox (tutorial) SECTION 2 :1.4 SEND DATA BETWEEN AZURE SANDBOX & LOCAL MACHINE,Learning the ropes of the HortonWorks Sandbox (tutorial) - SECTION 2- 1.4 SEND DATA BETWEEN AZURE SANDBOX & LOCAL MACHINE doesnt work

Super Guru

@John Cleveland

Do you access your azure sandbox using "localhost"? Also, can you do an ls on your "HW1.pdf" file so we are sure you can access it from where you are trying to copy. I think you are specifying the path wrong in git bash. It probably should be specified as. I have not worked with windows in last six years, so I may not be right about this but I am pretty sure, the issue is how you are specifying the path

scp -P 22 c:\Users\T\Documents\HW1.pdf azure@localhost:/azure
Highlighted

Re: Learning the Ropes of the Hortonworks Sandbox (tutorial) SECTION 2 :1.4 SEND DATA BETWEEN AZURE SANDBOX & LOCAL MACHINE,Learning the ropes of the HortonWorks Sandbox (tutorial) - SECTION 2- 1.4 SEND DATA BETWEEN AZURE SANDBOX & LOCAL MACHINE doesnt work

Explorer

I access my sandbox by ssh azure@ipaddress from either a git bash shell or cygwin terminal.

There is only one file that I can access at [azure@sandbox ~] and that is azure. I do not have the permission to do anything else. See attachment.

Also what do you mean ls HW1.pdf?

6212-sandbox-assistance-b.png

Explorer

OK I did ls HW1.pdf.

it autocompleted ... so it is there.

Also git bash does not like colons, slashes work fine, however the connection is refused.

Highlighted

Super Guru

Here is the thing. When you do ls and you are able to see the file, that means you should be able to copy it without any issue. The only thing I am confused about and that is pretty much your issue is that where you running the command from. If you are already in the azure sandbox and you are moving data from your local machine to azure, may be try this.

scp -P 2222 <path which successfully lists your HW1.pdf file> .

"." indicates you are simply copying the file to your current folder where you are currently running the command from.

Highlighted

Explorer

The file is located at c:\Users\T\Documents\HW1.pdf for sure ... but I think the problem is deeper. I don't have access anything in my sandbox except the azure directory. I cant access hdfs, hive or anything. Permission denied. See my second post.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here