Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Limitation of Sqoop utility for Mainframe sequential File.

Highlighted

Limitation of Sqoop utility for Mainframe sequential File.

New Contributor

Hi, I have extended question on this I have sequential file in Mainframe server I am able to pull it ,if file size is big I am getting below error
ERROR tool.ImportTool: Encountered IOException running import job: java.io.IOException: No datasets retrieved from <FILE_NAME>

Syntax:-

sqoop import-mainframe --connect xxx@com --username --password --dataset --datasettype s --target-dir --verbose

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Limitation of Sqoop utility for Mainframe sequential File.

Contributor

@Vijay Tiwari As I can see from the command the --dataset parameter is not supplied with any argument. Can you confirm if this is a typo? Otherwise please share complete logs with the command you are trying.

Re: Limitation of Sqoop utility for Mainframe sequential File.

New Contributor

@dthakkar thanks for looking into it below is the exact command I am using for sqoop, as mentioned earlier that it is working fine for small files but the moment the file size is increase its not all all recognizing the file in the directory.

sqoop import-mainframe --connect xxxx.com --username XXXX --options-file FilePath --dataset FileName --datasettype s --distination_dir Destination_path