Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Loading Sandbox image on Docker for Windows7 professional

Loading Sandbox image on Docker for Windows7 professional

New Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to load the Hortwonworks sandbox image into Docker (toolbox) installation for Windows 7. The load fails each time as follows:

$ docker load < C:\\hadoop\\HDP_2.5_docker.tar\\HDP_2.5_docker_image_25_10_2016 _08_24_31.tar

b1b065555b8a: Loading layer 202.2 MB/202.2 MB

3901568415a3: Loading layer 4.839 GB/13.85 GB

Error processing tar file(exit status 1): write /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/livy/jars/ scala-library-2.10.4.jar: no space left on device.

Free disk space: 98gb. I have seen few responses to this issue for Docker on Linux distributions. But not for Docker on Windows. How can I resolve it?

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Loading Sandbox image on Docker for Windows7 professional

@Jay Hans

It sounds like you are hitting the same space issue that Linux users run into. Are you using the Docker Toolbox or Docker for Windows. The Docker Toolbox uses Virtualbox, but Docker for Windows uses Hyper-V. Which one are you actually using?

I was able to import the Sandbox using Window 10 Pro, Hyper-V and Docker for Windows with no issues using a default installation with no changes.

New Contributor

Hi @Michael Young

I am using Docker Toolbox.

New Contributor

Hi Jay, did you solve then?

I still get the same error using a Docker toolbox on windows 7 Enterprise: docker version 1.12.3, build 6b644ec, docker-composeversion 1.8.1, build 004ddae, docker-machineversion 0.8.2, build e18a919

and it semems there isn't any space issue.

13191-capture.png

Please, help me.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here