Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Looking for Oozie usecases:

Super Collaborator

Hi,

I am looking for usecases for Oozie.

when I look around I get information from https://oozie.apache.org/docs/4.2.0/ but no usecases in here.

Can you please point me to documentation with steps for using Oozie.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Sujitha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Oozie examples are bundled within the Oozie distribution in the oozie-examples.tar.gz file. Expand the file and an examples directory will be created in the local file system. Copy the directory to the user HOME directory in HDFS. The examples provide Pig and Java examples as well as a local Oozie example that can be used for testing. Modifying the scripts to work with other actions such as Hive 2 or shell can be achieved by referring to the documentation for those actions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Guru

@sujitha sanku

Oozie is a workflow scheduler. not much to it. however if you are looking for use cases yahoo has a repo with details on the use case here.

Super Collaborator

Hi Sunile,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes Oozie being a workflow scheduler, I am looking for something where we can specify these metrics and best cases documentation. As you mentioned I will look into use cases yahoo repo. I haven't looked at it there.

Many Thanks,

Sujitha

Rising Star

Oozie examples are bundled within the Oozie distribution in the oozie-examples.tar.gz file. Expand the file and an examples directory will be created in the local file system. Copy the directory to the user HOME directory in HDFS. The examples provide Pig and Java examples as well as a local Oozie example that can be used for testing. Modifying the scripts to work with other actions such as Hive 2 or shell can be achieved by referring to the documentation for those actions.

Super Collaborator

thanks @cnormile,