Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

MSQL installation screwed my CDH start up process

Highlighted

MSQL installation screwed my CDH start up process

New Contributor

Hi

I was trying out sqoop and this required me to install mysql database server. After the installation everything worked fine, but on return to the VM I was using (after I finished my exploration with sqoop), which when I fired it up will automatically run all the processes necessary to start hadoop, I noticed that none started and hadoop was no more available to me on the VM. 

I was wondering what commad do I have to issue to start hadoop and how do I reverse the system back to starting the hadoop boostrapping once I powered on the VM?

P.S. I am using the VM bundled with the Data Science Challenge Solution kit.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: MSQL installation screwed my CDH start up process

Master Collaborator

(This may not be the best forum as this is unlikely to be about ML tools. Might not even be Hadoop-related.)

I sort of doubt the other package directly caused the problem. It's more likely that the services failed to restart for another reason. I would ssh onto the image and "sudo service X restart", for key services like hadoop-hdfs, and see what happens in the logs.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here