Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Manual force an upgrade before Ambari 2.2

Manual force an upgrade before Ambari 2.2

I would like to upgrade my sandbox to 2.3.4 but I cannot do this because My Namenode is not HA.

Is upgrading to Ambari 2.2 and then doing express upgrade my only option or is there a manual way as well.

I did hdp-select all 2.3.4xxx and most things work but the hdp/apps file in HDFS are old and some other things do not work as well.

( I know this is not how you normally would do it but I am looking for the quickest way to have a new cluster )

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Manual force an upgrade before Ambari 2.2

Mentor

what's wrong with rolling upgrade? @Benjamin Leonhardi, I like using quickstart though.

Rolling upgrade is not allowed without Namenode HA which the sandbox doesn't have.

I suppose I should stop using the sandbox for real work and do quickstart as well.

Mentor

right you are, quick fingers :). Upgrade manually? I've done it on Sandbox. But I love flexibility of quickstart or you can try docker-ambari.

Definitely an option but I wanted a quick and dirty option to be up as fast as possible. Ah well I should definitely use quickstart.

@Benjamin Leonhardi

I am dealing with the same issue and tried the above workaround. I was not able to very far.

I ended up removing everything and installed 2.3.4.

That seems to be the common refrain :-). I will upgrade ambari to 2.2 and see if I can use express upgrade for this. If it doesn't work I will close the question.

Ok uopgrading to Ambari 2.2 and use express upgrade seems to work even if its a challenge to start all services with the memory restrictions.