Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here. Want to know more about what has changed? Check out the Community News blog.

Mapreduce job can't talk with Hbase on a kerberos enabled CDH cluster

Highlighted

Mapreduce job can't talk with Hbase on a kerberos enabled CDH cluster

Explorer

Hi, 

I am writing a mapreduce application to access Hbase data on a CDH cluster with kerberos enable. Now, I face a a issue, hope someone can help: 

My mapreduce code: 

conf.set("hadoop.security.authentication", "Kerberos");
UserGroupInformation.setConfiguration(conf);
UserGroupInformation.loginUserFromKeytab("jj@example.com", "jj.keytab");
HTable table = new HTable(conf, "myTable");
Put p = new Put(Bytes.toBytes("myLittleRow"));
p.add(Bytes.toBytes("myColumnFamily"), Bytes.toBytes("someQualifier"),
Bytes.toBytes("Some Value"));
table.put(p);

This above code help me to run in local mode successfully with java -jar or hadoop -jar. But when I try to run with a hue-ozzie work flow, the issue now happen: 

FATAL [main] org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClientImpl: SASL authentication failed. The most likely cause is missing or invalid credentials. Consider 'kinit'.
javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)]
Caused by: GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)

So, I try to use init credentials to obtain valid token to run the job  

TableMapReduceUtil.initCredentialsForCluster(job,conf);

But the issue still happen. Do someone have any idea? 

My CDH version is 5.9.0, run on 3 nodes and kerberos version is 1.10.1

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Mapreduce job can't talk with Hbase on a kerberos enabled CDH cluster

Champion

@ducna

Is the jj.keytab belongs to any specific user? Pls check that you have a dedicated keytab for Oozie... Ex:  oozie.keytab and use it instead of jj.keytab

Re: Mapreduce job can't talk with Hbase on a kerberos enabled CDH cluster

Explorer

Finally i found the solution. It's easy to configure a hue-ozzie job on CDH to talk with a secure Hbase. All I need is enable Hbase credential when setup work flow and add hbase-site.xml to job.xml path.