Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Metron - FULL DEV (Ambari-server issue during provisionning) --> SWITCHING TO QUICK_DEV

Metron - FULL DEV (Ambari-server issue during provisionning) --> SWITCHING TO QUICK_DEV

New Contributor

Hello community, I'm trying to deploy the Metron FULL DEV; ran through the documentation and everything went smoothly during the deployment until the provisionning of Vagrant. I keep getting this error (after multiple execution of vagrant provisionning):

fatal: [node1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "cmd": "ambari-server setup -s && touch /etc/ambari-server-configured" , "failed": true, "failed_when_result":true, "rc":0, "stderr": false, "stdout": "skipped, since /etc/ambari-server-configured exists", "stdout_lines": ["skipped, since /etc/ambari-server-configured exists"]}

I have tried to reset the ambari server and didn't want to uninstall it and re-install it since I'm not very familiar with the technology.

I would like to ask the community who has more expertise than me regarding the solution and what needs to be done to solve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Metron - FULL DEV (Ambari-server issue during provisionning) --> SWITCHING TO QUICK_DEV

New Contributor

Hello guys, so I decided to deploy a fresh new installation and the error disappeared. Wanted to share with everyone some of the errors I encountered:

- After fresh new install (following documentation)

- Ran: vagrant up

- Got the error: /sbin/mount.vboxsf: mounting failed with the error: No such device

- SOLUTION: vagrant plugin install vagrant-vbguest

- Ran: vagrant up --provision

Now I'm getting the following error:

TASK [ambari_gather_facts : Ask Ambari: cluster_name] **************************

fatal: [node1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "failed": true, "msg": "Socket error: [Errno 111] Connection refused to http://node1:8080/api/v1/clusters"}

Looks like the ambari-service didn't start and the error was confirmed in the /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log:

ERROR [main] AmbariServer:929 - Failed to run the Ambari Server com.google.inject.ProvisionException: Guice provision errors: 1) Error injecting constructor, java.net.UnknownHostException: node1: node1: unknown error at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariManagementControllerImpl.<init>(AmbariManagementControllerImpl.java:332) at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariManagementControllerImpl.class(AmbariManagementControllerImpl.java:213) while locating org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariManagementControllerImpl while locating org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariManagementController at org.apache.ambari.server.agent.HeartBeatHandler.<init>(HeartBeatHandler.java:161) at org.apache.ambari.server.agent.HeartBeatHandler.class(HeartBeatHandler.java:122) while locating org.apache.ambari.server.agent.HeartBeatHandler

Here are the steps that I did:

- vagrant ssh

- /etc/init.d/ambari-server start (the server was down); same thing for the agent

- vagrant provision

- went back to the ssh session and checked the status of both services:

* /etc/init.d/ambari-server status (running)

*/etc/init.d/ambari-agent status (running)

- when connecting to http://node1:8080 all services were RED

- as the provisioning was progressing and reached the TASK[ambari_gather_facts], the operation continued with the other ambari_gather_facts TASKS

- The provisioning then:

* Deleted the Metron Components from Ambari * Removed the Metron packages * Created local repo with new packages * Re-installed the Metron Packages via Ambari * Started the ambari cluster

- The provisioning threw an error at that step:

Start the ambari cluster] ************************************ fatal: [node1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "failed": true, "msg": "Request failed with status FAILED"}

When connecting the web interface: http://node1:8080, here are the statuses of the various services:

* HDFS: Green

* HBase: Green

* ZooKeeper: Green

* Storm: Green

* Kafka: Green

* ElasticSearch: Green

* Kibana: Green

* Metron: Red

Thanks in advance for the help and sorry for being verbose in the post :)

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here