Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Metron Full Dev Platform Installation error - Ambari-server Timeout when waiting for node1:8080

Highlighted

Metron Full Dev Platform Installation error - Ambari-server Timeout when waiting for node1:8080

Hi,

I am using RedHat 7 and I have installed

Ansible 2.0.0.2

Vagrant 1.8.1

Python 2.7.12

Java 1.8.0_101

I am getting the below error while running the command. Is there any way to increase timeout or have a better solution?

vagrant up --provider="virtualbox" (OR) vagrant provision

TASK [ambari_config : check if ambari-server is up on node1:8080]

fatal: [node1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "elapsed": 301, "failed": true, "msg": "Timeout when waiting for node1:8080"} PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************

node1 : ok=30 changed=23 unreachable=0 failed=1

Ansible failed to complete successfully. Any error output should be visible above. Please fix these errors and try again.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Metron Full Dev Platform Installation error - Ambari-server Timeout when waiting for node1:8080

@Naveen Maheswaran

Perhaps the Ambari server did not start properly. Bring your host up and log in using ssh through virtual box. Use the user and and password vagrant/vagrant. Check out the log /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log.

To check the status of the server use the command ambari-server status.

Also you can open your browser to http://node1:8080 and verify if the ambari login page comes up.

Once the problem is corrected use the command below to start ambari-server:

ambari-server start

Highlighted

Re: Metron Full Dev Platform Installation error - Ambari-server Timeout when waiting for node1:8080

As per the ambari-server.log, the error is

AmbariServer:844 - Failed to run the Ambari Server com.google.inject.ProvisionException: Guice provision errors: 1) Error injecting constructor, java.net.UnknownHostException: node1: node1: unknown error

I've attached the details of this error. Is this a network issue or config issue? I increased the timeout to 600 secs from 300 secs, but still no luck. I've stumbled upon this error one too many times.

Edit: I am trying with the quick-dev-platform and the error log is from the same.

ambari-844-error.txt

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here