@Sunile Manjee, sure. My approach is more of a workaround than a solution, but I'll do my best to describe it here.
I followed these steps while the VM was still running with Ambari and HDP deployed (the point at which the error occurred).
Near the end of the file, change the line with ansible.playbook = "../../playbooks/metron_full_install.yml"
ansible.playbook = "../../playbooks/metron_install.yml"
Then save your changes.
(If the VM is stopped/halted you'd probably want to use vagrant up instead. It shouldn't hurt to run vagrant up; if it isn't needed it will let you know.)
At this point the Metron installation playbook stepped through nine blocks of instructions; looks they're called "plays". You can see the list in the metron_install.yml file, and you can look in the roles directory for a better understanding of the tasks associated with the role in each play (hadoop_setup, mysql-server, etc.).
When the provisioning finished I could see all four topologies in the Storm UI but I didn't see any data. I'd gotten an error during the hadoop_setup role (under hosts: hadoop_client) so I re-ran that part by making a backup copy of metron_install.yml, removing everything except the hadoop_client section from the original file, and running vagrant provision again. A little while later I started seeing data in the Metron UI -- great to see it!
I hope I've remembered everything; let me know if any of it isn't clear.
I went through the same approach and still running into a few more failures. 1) HDFS 2) HBase table creation and 3) install exited after "Build snort" task. WIll try again this mrng and update.
Ok, I just saw with one with a member of the team here on Metron who has a new machine. I think the issue is our ansible scripts interacting negatively with ansible version 2.0.2. All of the members of the team here have 22.214.171.124. While this is corrected, I would suggest reverting to 126.96.36.199 and letting me know if it fixes the issue.
In case you might not know how to do that, what *I* do is remove ansible from homebrew (brew uninstall ansible) and then install directly via pip (pip install ansible==188.8.131.52).
Let me know and sorry for the bug!
on my new mac book pro, i saw the same issue this morning. I followed casey's directions and it fixed it for me. Until we have a better fix, I have updated the documentation to instruction ansible 184.108.40.206 be installed): https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/24818/metron-tech-preview-1-install-instructions-on-sing....
Yes. This is the issue. Once i switched to 220.127.116.11 of ansible, I was able to go all the way. Earlier version was 18.104.22.168 and not 2.2 though. Thanks!