Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application; IM014.

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application; IM014.

Explorer

Hi, I have been trying to create SSAS Tabular model on top of hive tables. Connections works when I create 32 bit User DSN and i am able to import data to my local machine. But When I make System DSN with similar details, I am not able to import data to the model even though the connection seems to work. I get error message:

OLE DB or ODBC error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application; IM014. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'eacc6bab-1974-4c12-85ad-6f8b2492d880', Name of 'Custom 3'. An error occurred while processing the partition 'dim_rms 1_1f6ed9db-4196-40fe-b4fc-6e4f027a389a' in table 'dim_bridge_xterms 1_1f6ed9db-4196-40fe-b4fc-6e4f027a389a'. The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed.

I am using Visual Studio 2012 and windows 7 machine. i am gettting same error with windows 10 machine as well.

Why would User DSN work but not System DSN?

Thank you!

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here