Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Missing ec2.py file while trying to install a 10 node Metron deployment on AWS

New Contributor

#newbie_metron_alert. Please pardon any obvious oversight on my part.

Hello!

I am trying to create a 10-node Metron cluster by following the steps in the first steps article, from a Ubuntu 14.04 developer laptop (though, and not MAC--as described in the article).

I have tried to make sure, I match the pre-requisites viz. Java 1.8.0_91, maven 3.3.9, ansible 2.0.2.0. Python however is at 2.7.6 (as opposed to 2.7.11 specified in one of the README here). boto and six python libraries are installed as well.

After downloading apache-metron-0.1BETA-RC7-incubating.tar.gz and unzipping, under the ".../incubator-metron/deployment/amazon-ec2" directory there is no "ec2.py" script present. Now, I am not sure if this file would be created as an output of running the maven package command, or if this is missing. I double checked the github page, and it isn't available there as well.

Can someone please help me with getting this file?

Thanks,

Anand

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

It looks like I had an issue with my AWS account credentials. I was able to get this working subsequently.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

New Contributor

It looks like I had an issue with my AWS account credentials. I was able to get this working subsequently.