Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Most services fail to start after Ambari setup completes(with warnings)

Contributor

After complete HDP 2.5 install with Ambai, I am unable to start many services. They fail.

9841-fail.png

App Timeline Server Start - stderr:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/YARN/2.1.0.2.0/package/scripts/application_timeline_server.py", line 155, in <module>
    ApplicationTimelineServer().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 280, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/YARN/2.1.0.2.0/package/scripts/application_timeline_server.py", line 44, in start
    self.configure(env) # FOR SECURITY
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/YARN/2.1.0.2.0/package/scripts/application_timeline_server.py", line 55, in configure
    yarn(name='apptimelineserver')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_commons/os_family_impl.py", line 89, in thunk
    return fn(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/YARN/2.1.0.2.0/package/scripts/yarn.py", line 337, in yarn
    mode=0755
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/base.py", line 155, in __init__
    self.env.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 160, in run
    self.run_action(resource, action)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 124, in run_action
    provider_action()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/providers/hdfs_resource.py", line 459, in action_create_on_execute
    self.action_delayed("create")
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/providers/hdfs_resource.py", line 456, in action_delayed
    self.get_hdfs_resource_executor().action_delayed(action_name, self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/providers/hdfs_resource.py", line 247, in action_delayed
    self._assert_valid()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/providers/hdfs_resource.py", line 231, in _assert_valid
    self.target_status = self._get_file_status(target)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/providers/hdfs_resource.py", line 292, in _get_file_status
    list_status = self.util.run_command(target, 'GETFILESTATUS', method='GET', ignore_status_codes=['404'], assertable_result=False)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/providers/hdfs_resource.py", line 179, in run_command
    _, out, err = get_user_call_output(cmd, user=self.run_user, logoutput=self.logoutput, quiet=False)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/functions/get_user_call_output.py", line 61, in get_user_call_output
    raise Fail(err_msg)
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Execution of 'curl -sS -L -w '%{http_code}' -X GET 'http://sgscaiu0376.in623.corpintra.net:50070/webhdfs/v1/ats/done?op=GETFILESTATUS&user.name=hdfs' 1>/tmp/tmpyehBKW 2>/tmp/tmp1opf2_' returned 7. curl: (7) Failed to connect to sgscaiu0376.in623.corpintra.net port 50070: Connection refused

Could somebody tell me what could be the possible issue?

HDP: 2.5

Ambari: 2.4.1.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

It was Namenode connectivity issue. The hosts file on the namenode had to be fixed.

The first line should be `127.0.0.1 localhost`

In my hosts file it was `127.0.0.1 hostname1 localhost`

I removed the `hostname1` and it was fixed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Guru
@Anirudh K

Seems the namenode is not connecting/responding on port 50070. Can you check using $netstat -an |grep 50070 if you are able to see the port.

Also try to start yarn service. Paste if you are able to see any error.

Contributor

Yes, that was the problem.

Contributor

It was Namenode connectivity issue. The hosts file on the namenode had to be fixed.

The first line should be `127.0.0.1 localhost`

In my hosts file it was `127.0.0.1 hostname1 localhost`

I removed the `hostname1` and it was fixed.