Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Multiple hive shell commands - how to execute more than 1 hive shell commands

Multiple hive shell commands - how to execute more than 1 hive shell commands

New Contributor

the first hive shell cli command works fine. I am not able to run the second or third hive cli command on the same server using a different putty/unix session. The second session waits for the first one to complete and hangs until the first session is closed.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Multiple hive shell commands - how to execute more than 1 hive shell commands

@Dinu S

Can you check YARN UI? I suspect you don't have enough resource available and second hive session is waiting for yarn to accept your session.if that's the case, you can use beeline instead hive cli, beeline will connect to hive server and don't need to launch an AM to connect (it might need to run multiple queries in parallel, but at least it allows you to connect and run queries that doesn't require YARN application).

Re: Multiple hive shell commands - how to execute more than 1 hive shell commands

New Contributor

Thanks. Is there something specific you want me to test? THis is a brand new install on a new machine with lots of CPU/Memory.

New Contributor

Thanks. Is there something specific you want me to test? THis is a brand new install on a new machine with lots of CPU/Memory.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here