Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

MySQL Replication with GTID

MySQL Replication with GTID

Contributor

Hello - 

We are using MySQL 5.7 database for our Cloudera Manager install.  We are planning on implementing replication for HA/Failover...as we have two MySQL db nodes in our cluster.  

Looking at the MySQL documentation, they recommend using the newer GTID approach for replication vs the traditional/older method of using the logs.  However, according to this link ->  http://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-7-x/topics/cm_ig_mysql.html, it states "Cloudera Manager installation fails if GTID-based replication is enabled in MySQL."  

1.  Does Cloudera ever intend to support this recommended replication method?

2.  Does Cloudera support replication at all?

thanks....douglas

2 REPLIES 2

Re: MySQL Replication with GTID

Champion

I can't speak for number one and maybe off on number two.

In my experience they do support it in the sense that they support HUE HA with two MySQL DBs in active<>active and they support CM HA.  As far as I know they do not directly support it, as in, if there is an issue with it they will not help fix it (but I may be wrong).

Re: MySQL Replication with GTID

Contributor

Thanks for the reply.   I just wonder if the at least support some type of replication.   And, by "support", I don't mean that Cloudera will fix an issue...but more that their software/cluster will work with MySQL replication.

Or, based on this statement from the Cloudera doc "Cloudera Manager installation fails if GTID-based replication is enabled in MySQL"  , maybe they mean that installing Cloudera Manager on a MySQL db that already has GTID-based replication will fail...but that you can install CM and then implement GTID replication later?

Guess I'll need to see if someone from Cloudera can confirm.

thanks.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here