Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

NFS between Windows and HDFS

Highlighted

NFS between Windows and HDFS

Rising Star

Hello guys,

It is possible with NFS having a folder in my local filse system (Windows) and being able to mount to HDFS in order view a folder in files view in Ambari?

I'm looking to this documentation (https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.5.0/bk_hdfs-nfs-gateway-user-guide/content/hdfs...) for HDP 2.5 but i can't understand how can i link my folder in windows with the HDFS.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: NFS between Windows and HDFS

Guru

@Francisco Pires, As per document,

"The NFS Gateway can be installed on any DataNode, NameNode, or HDP client machine. Start the NFS server on that machine."

NFS daemon can be installed on a hadoop cluster host. If you want to mount local FS ( Windows) , you need to make sure that this host is part of your hadoop cluster. This machine should atleast have hadoop-client installed.

Rising Star

Thank you @yvora. There is any tutorial to install hadoop-client in windows?

Guru

Contributor

@yvora Does this mean that we need to remove firewall processes on the Windows machine in order to have it be a client node on the cluster (similar to when adding linux nodes)?

** Also the link provided is broken