Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

NIFI] Can't connect to HiveMetastore with putHiveStreaming ...

Highlighted

NIFI] Can't connect to HiveMetastore with putHiveStreaming ...

New Contributor

Hive Metasstore URL:16501-error.png

thrift://sandbox.hortonworks.com:8020

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: NIFI] Can't connect to HiveMetastore with putHiveStreaming ...

Super Guru

Is your Hive Metastore running on port 8020 (or exposed to the rest of the system that way)? The default port is 9083. Also, what version of NiFi (Apache or HDF, and what major/minor version) are you using, and what version of Hive (Apache Hive, HDP, etc.) are you trying to connect to? Lastly, can you find the stack trace associated with that error (usually in logs/nifi-app.log) and share it? It likely has more information about what exactly is causing the error.

Highlighted

New Contributor

HI Matt..

I am new in learning Nifi and was doing initial data flow through google help so i am not sure about the port stuff.

Using HDF and NIfi 1.5

HDP is 2.6.2

Hive is 2

Attached are stack trace.

Thanks

Raj Ladianifi-app-2018-01-22-120.zipnifi-app-2018-01-22-120-2.zip

Highlighted

The attached logs doesn't have the error stack trace. Attach the correct nifi-app.log file and for the port info, you can get that from Ambari.

Highlighted

Super Guru

HDF based on NiFi 1.5.0 has not yet been released. What is the version of HDF? Or are you using Apache NiFi 1.5.0? You will need HDF NiFi (current latest version at the time of this writing is 3.0.2) to talk to HDP Hive. Also I'm not sure if NiFi's Hive processors will work with Hive 2, they might but they are based on the Hive 1.x line.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Please help on this.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here