Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

NIFI Twitter extract, ID's to follow is not working for me.

Highlighted

Re: NIFI Twitter extract, ID's to follow is not working for me.

Mentor

@Akthar Abdulbari here you go, https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/1252/what-is-the-format-of-the-ids-to-follow-field-in-t.... numeric twitter id, follow the link in the thread for firehose API examples. As the user pointed out tweeterid.com will give you id based on userid. I just tested it and converted my user ID using twitterid.com to ID and pasted it in getTwitter processor and it accepted it.

Highlighted

Explorer

Thanks for the link, I followed the step and I did gave my Twitter numeric ID (as you can see from my first screen shot), but my challenge is, the Nifi twitter dashboard extract workflow is still extracting random tweets instead of only my tweets with specific words given in "Terms to filter on" I am obviously passing the write ID and Nifi did accept it, but the "Filter Endpoint" doen't seems to be working for me. I am obviously doing something wrong.

Highlighted

Explorer

IDs to follow doesn't work : It is the same problem here, I am trying to extract the tweets by a specific user and gave the IDs to follow with the values of twitter user id, and Twitter end point with Filter endpoint but there is no result from the GetTwitter Processor. IDs to follow accepts only numeric values. Anybody knows a workaround?

Highlighted

Mentor

did you see my answer above? As the user pointed out tweeterid.com will give you id based on userid. I just tested it and converted my user ID using twitterid.com to ID and pasted it in getTwitter processor and it accepted it.

Highlighted

Explorer

Yes it accepts the numerical id,what is its functionality? I read the documentation but doesnt talk about it. i am trying to fetch the tweets posted by a specific user, by giving the UserIDs to follow with the comma separated list, but not getting the result.

Highlighted

Explorer

@Artem Ervits, Terms to filter on gives the result when given the input of comma separated list, but the IDs to follow doesnt give the result when given the input of comma separated ids like you mentioned. Any help is appreciated.

Rising Star

Any update on this thread. I am looking to solve this issue and additionally also filter by location too.

Highlighted

Rising Star

Resolved this issue.

Works fine with filter endpoint and for ids - numeric twitter handle id and locations - swLon,swLat,neLon,neLat.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here