Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

NIFI - Which module i should use in order to extract event from a json file & when working site to site , what is better moving data in level of event of files?

NIFI - Which module i should use in order to extract event from a json file & when working site to site , what is better moving data in level of event of files?

Explorer

Hi

I have NIFI-1 that is installed on a windows box. NIFI-1 should take JSON files from the windows box (each file includes multi-windows events & i have used getfile in order to get teh files) and pass them to NIFI-2 for further processing

On NIFI -2 I need to take each event and add an attribute that is based on one of the content parameters

1. Should I send the JSON files from NIFI-1 to NIFI-2 using site to site or I should extract the attribute on NIFI-1 and send the events instead of the file
    1. I’m guessing that Network wise it is better to move file instead of events
    2. Storage-wise it will require more IOPS on NIFI-2
  2. Which module I should use that extracts the events from the file? Can the same module extract the content and define the attribute or I should use an additional module such as EvaluateJsonPath processor?