Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NIFI : weird situation about data provenance

Rising Star

Hi all,

There are something strange with data provenance of listHDFS (name listHDFS) processor in process group ExLibris.

When I see the data provenance of this processor and i'm suprising that it is talk about the component that is outside of this process group. The data provenance seems get info from process group AutoClean.

I think it is more clear with these images :

data provenance of listHDFS from process group EXLIBRIS, in the data provenance we can see about component come from AUTOCLEAN dataflow !

13688-data-provenance-0ca441c1-333b-120d-ffff-ffffdb56ad.jpg

13687-process-group-exlibris.jpg

process group AUTOCLEAN

13689-process-group-autoclean.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor

@mayki wogno

How are you executing your provenance query?

Are you selecting "Data Provenance" from within the hamburger menu in the upper right of the Ui or are you selecting "Data provenance" from the context menu that appears by right clicking on your listHDFS processor?

13693-screen-shot-2017-03-16-at-114816-am.png

The above performs a global provenance query of all your dataflows by default unless you add a filter.

13694-screen-shot-2017-03-16-at-114537-am.png

triggering a provenance query through a specific components context menu will add a filter based upon that components UUID.

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Mentor

@mayki wogno

How are you executing your provenance query?

Are you selecting "Data Provenance" from within the hamburger menu in the upper right of the Ui or are you selecting "Data provenance" from the context menu that appears by right clicking on your listHDFS processor?

13693-screen-shot-2017-03-16-at-114816-am.png

The above performs a global provenance query of all your dataflows by default unless you add a filter.

13694-screen-shot-2017-03-16-at-114537-am.png

triggering a provenance query through a specific components context menu will add a filter based upon that components UUID.

Thanks,

Matt

Rising Star

@Matt Clarke : thanks 🙂