Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

NOT BEING ABLE TO RESCHEDULE DUE TO ISSUES WITH THE CLOUDERA EXAMINATION ENVIRONMENT - ETA UNKNOWN

NOT BEING ABLE TO RESCHEDULE DUE TO ISSUES WITH THE CLOUDERA EXAMINATION ENVIRONMENT - ETA UNKNOWN

New Contributor

There was an issue with my lastname in the examslocal website due to which I was unable to take the exam. I got that corrected by communicating with psi as instructed by cloudera and the proctor. Now that my name has been corrected, it seems cloudera has run into an issue with their environment. As per cloudera, the certification exams are not getting deployed due to a problem in the exam infrastructure. The ETA for the same is unknown to them.

These are my questions-

Is the issue of deploying the exams affecting everyone who is trying to give an exam via cloudera ?

How much time does it take for cloudera to refund the fees?

13 REPLIES 13

Re: NOT BEING ABLE TO RESCHEDULE DUE TO ISSUES WITH THE CLOUDERA EXAMINATION ENVIRONMENT - ETA UNKNO

Community Manager

@sudo_poweroff,

Your best course of action would be to email certification@cloudera.com as their team will be the ones to look into your situation. 

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum

Re: NOT BEING ABLE TO RESCHEDULE DUE TO ISSUES WITH THE CLOUDERA EXAMINATION ENVIRONMENT - ETA UNKNO

New Contributor

I'm having the same issue. My exam was scheduled for Friday 8th March but they cancelled it last minute due to the environment problems they were having. Still no word on when the issue will be fixed so I'm not able to rebook the exam. Very frustrating not having any ETA, even after 3 days. 

Community Manager

If you both have emailed the certification team and not received a reply, a possible culprit could be your email spam filter. I suggest checking your spam folder in case a reply has been placed there. I am also emailing my contacts on the certification team to see if I can find anything out.

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Community Guidelines
How to use the forum

New Contributor

I did receive a reply but was just told there is no ETA for when we can rebook our exam.

Explorer

I also scheduled for the exam on 5th March, 2019 and exam did not load and i was not able to give exam.

As per communication with Cloudera Certification support team, it was not loaded due to Infrastructure issue on delivering exam. Even after 7 days of issue, still there is no resolution and ETA on the fix.

I got the response that "The team will reach out to you after we have resolved this issue and help you to get the exam rescheduled."

Its really frustrating that even after 7days still there is no resolution and ETA on the fix.

Explorer
Additionally, one suggestion. currently user can schedule exam for CCA175 through examslocal.com portal.
But as still environment is not up and running it should be restricted to schedule further exams until exam cluster is up and running because at the end, all current schedules will result in cancellations or failure.
This will prevent other candidates from facing the same issue as we are facing.

Community Manager

Thanks for everyone's patience on this. I have been advised by the certification team that the exam cluster issue has been resolved. While you can now schedule an exam, due to the backlog there may be limited times available over the next several days. 

Community Guidelines
How to use the forum

Explorer

Hello everyone! Cloudera infrastucture issues are still there. No one knows when will be possible to take an exam meanwhile a lot of people paid. certification@cloudera.com keep going to tell there is no eta. They don't know when the issues will be fixed.

Community Manager

I am sorry to hear you had issues with the exam. Your best course of action is to email certification@cloudera.com. The certification team will then look into the incident and reply to you directly.

On a side note, I inquired with the certification team this morning and they advised that there are not exam infrastructure issues and they are currently running exams. 

Regards,

Cy Jervis - Community Manager

Terms of Use

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Community Guidelines
How to use the forum