Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

NameNode HA

Highlighted

NameNode HA

Explorer

i use ambai to HA NameNode, but when i run "sudo su hdfs -l -c 'hdfs namenode -bootstrapStandby'" command, there are some errors like this:

************************************************************/ 16/12/30 09:46:18 INFO namenode.NameNode: registered UNIX signal handlers for [TERM, HUP, INT] 16/12/30 09:46:18 INFO namenode.NameNode: createNameNode [-bootstrapStandby] 16/12/30 09:46:18 ERROR namenode.NameNode: Failed to start namenode. java.io.IOException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not determine own NN ID in namespace 'kanglw'. Please ensure that this node is one of the machines listed as an NN RPC address, or configure dfs.ha.namenode.id at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.ha.BootstrapStandby.run(BootstrapStandby.java:427) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.createNameNode(NameNode.java:1641) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.main(NameNode.java:1754) Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not determine own NN ID in namespace 'kanglw'. Please ensure that this node is one of the machines listed as an NN RPC address, or configure dfs.ha.namenode.id at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkState(Preconditions.java:172) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.HAUtil.getNameNodeIdOfOtherNode(HAUtil.java:164) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.HAUtil.getConfForOtherNode(HAUtil.java:187) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.ha.BootstrapStandby.parseConfAndFindOtherNN(BootstrapStandby.java:390) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.ha.BootstrapStandby.run(BootstrapStandby.java:104) at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:76) at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:90) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.ha.BootstrapStandby.run(BootstrapStandby.java:422) ... 2 more 16/12/30 09:46:18 INFO util.ExitUtil: Exiting with status 1 16/12/30 09:46:18 INFO namenode.NameNode: SHUTDOWN_MSG:

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: NameNode HA

Contributor

Hi @Ye Jun

Are you running this command from one of the namenodes?

Highlighted

Explorer

when i use ambari to install hdp, the sNameNode is defaul installed, but when i use ambari to set NameNode HA, why remove sNameNode that is default installed by ambari and install a new sNameNode. who can solved my problem?

Highlighted

Super Guru
@Ye Jun

Do you have multiple nameservices configured by any chance? Can you please let me know the value of below property

dfs.namenode.rpc-address.kanglw.nn2
Highlighted

Explorer

when i use ambari to install hdp, the sNameNode is defaul installed, but when i use ambari to set NameNode HA, why remove sNameNode that is default installed by ambari and install a new sNameNode. who can solved my problem?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here