Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Namenode HA + oozie issue

Namenode HA + oozie issue

New Contributor

We have namenode HA configured and whenever there is a failover between Active and standby ,the oozie server fails with the below error

Could not connect to broker URL: tcp://localhost:61616. Reason: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused) javax.jms.JMSException: Could not connect to broker URL: tcp://localhost:61616. Reason: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused) at org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:35)

Any suggestions/workaround?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Namenode HA + oozie issue

Guru

Hello @Srikanth Velishoju,

We'd like to know more about this behavior. You said 'Oozie server fails with below error', does that mean that Oozie server process dies with this error OR it just keeps repeating the same error and comes back after sometime?

If Oozie server process is dying, then you might want to turn on debug for Oozie server & share the debug log here. If this error keeps repeating, then you need to look for some more prominent error which could be the root cause.

Can you please make sure that you are using NameService ID in all the Oozie workflow definitions? None of the configuration or job should address a single Namenode host, it should always be a NameService ID.

Hope this helps.

New Contributor

Hello @Vipin Rathor: Actually, when namenode is hardcoded in oozie workflow, i generally see a different error "Operation category READ is not supported in state standby". But in the above case,i did n't see that in the logs. i ll share the debug log next time i see the issue. Thank you.

Guru

Thanks @Srikanth Velishoju for the update.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here