Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Need help with Ambari

Need help with Ambari

New Contributor

I am installing Hadoop using Ambari .

I got error during spark client install .

here is the error

Fail: Execution of '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install 'spark_2_2_*'' returned 1. Error: Nothing to do
2016-09-13 16:35:38,220 - Could not determine HDP version for component spark-client by calling '/usr/bin/hdp-select status spark-client > /tmp/tmpJxg9F3'. Return Code: 1, Output: ERROR: Invalid package - spark-client

Packages:
  accumulo-client
  accumulo-gc
  accumulo-master
  accumulo-monitor
  accumulo-tablet
  accumulo-tracer
  falcon-client
  falcon-server
  flume-server
  hadoop-client
  hadoop-hdfs-datanode
  hadoop-hdfs-journalnode
  hadoop-hdfs-namenode
  hadoop-hdfs-nfs3
  hadoop-hdfs-portmap
  hadoop-hdfs-secondarynamenode
  hadoop-mapreduce-historyserver
  hadoop-yarn-nodemanager
  hadoop-yarn-resourcemanager
  hadoop-yarn-timelineserver
  hbase-client
  hbase-master
  hbase-regionserver
  hive-metastore
  hive-server2
  hive-webhcat
  kafka-broker
  knox-server
  mahout-client
  oozie-client
  oozie-server
  phoenix-client
  ranger-admin
  ranger-usersync
  slider-client
  sqoop-client
  sqoop-server
  storm-client
  storm-nimbus
  storm-slider-client
  storm-supervisor
  zookeeper-client
  zookeeper-server
Aliases:
  accumulo-server
  all
  client
  hadoop-hdfs-server
  hadoop-mapreduce-server
  hadoop-yarn-server
  hive-server
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Need help with Ambari

Try this: (Please replace the version 2.2.x.x.x with your version number there)

rm -r /usr/hdp/current/spark-client     

ln -s /usr/hdp/2.2.x.x.x/spark /usr/hdp/current/spark-client

So it should look like:

ls -l  /usr/hdp/current/spark-client

lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 26 Sep 14 13:04 /usr/hdp/current/spark-client -> /usr/hdp/2.2.x.x.x/spark

Rising Star

That error message indicates the spark package is not available.

Are you adding Spark to an existing installation, or setting up a new cluster? What version of HDP are you using?

Please try running /usr/bin/hdp-select status spark-client and let me know what it returns.

New Contributor

[root@pppdc9prdc8u hdp]# /usr/bin/hdp-select status spark-client ERROR: Invalid package - spark-client

Rising Star

Are you adding Spark or setting up a new cluster? If possible can you complete install without Spark and add individually? Also, what version of HDP are you installing/using?

New Contributor

Thanks Ben for reply .

New setup .By the way i found the issue .sprak will work with HDP 2.4 .I excluded the spark and install rest of the services.Installation completed successfully

Now when ambari is trying to start datanode . it failed with error .

Fail: Execution of 'ambari-sudo.sh su hdfs -l -s /bin/bash -c 'ulimit -c unlimited ; /usr/hdp/current/hadoop-client/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --config /etc/hadoop/conf start datanode'' returned 1. -bash: line 0: ulimit: core file size: cannot modify limit: Operation not permitted starting datanode, logging to /var/log/hadoop/hdfs/hadoop-hdfs-datanode-pppdc9prdc96.out

Please suggest

Jas

Rising Star

As this issue at the surface doesn't seem to be related, you may want to close this question and ask a new question as you will get more help.

In the meantime, to get started on the troubleshooting please run the following and post the results.

grep -v ^# /etc/security/limits.conf

Contributor

@Jaspreet Singh Can you please provide below info:

1. ls -ltr /usr/hdp/
2. ls -ltr /usr/hdp/current/
3. yum info spark-client
4. Run below command manually on host and upload the output:
4.1 yum clean all
4.2 /usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install 'spark_2_2_*'

Please let me know how it goes.

New Contributor

Hi lraheja

Thanks for you reply .

here is the result

[root@pppdc9prdc8u hdp]# yum info spark-client Loaded plugins: security HDP-2.2 | 2.9 kB 00:00 HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.20 | 2.9 kB 00:00 Updates-ambari-2.0.0 | 2.9 kB 00:00 Error: No matching Packages to list [root@pppdc9prdc8u hdp]# yum clean all Loaded plugins: security Cleaning repos: HDP-2.2 HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.20 Updates-ambari-2.0.0 rhel_current saltstack Cleaning up Everything [root@pppdc9prdc8u hdp]# /usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install 'spark_2_2_*'

New Contributor

Thanks jk for your quick response . Really appropriate !

still the same issue

this is what i have done

[root@pppdc9prdc8u ~]# rm -r /usr/hdp/current/spark-client rm: cannot remove `/usr/hdp/current/spark-client': No such file or directory [root@pppdc9prdc8u ~]# cd /usr/hdp/ [root@pppdc9prdc8u hdp]# ls 2.2.0.0-2041 current [root@pppdc9prdc8u hdp]# ln -s /usr/hdp/2.2.0.0-2041/spark /usr/hdp/current/spark-client [root@pppdc9prdc8u hdp]# ls -l /usr/hdp/current/spark-client lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Sep 14 11:26 /usr/hdp/current/spark-client -> /usr/hdp/2.2.0.0-2041/spark