Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Need to change default derby database to mysql for my cluster

Need to change default derby database to mysql for my cluster

Hi All, 

I need to change default database  derby to mysql for my cluster, because of this derby I am not able to open second session in hive to connect derby (After installation I saw that derby has this limit). 

How can I change this default database, I tried below link. I worked for sometime, once I restart hive everything is gone back to derby. 

https://archanaschangale.wordpress.com/2013/09/05/changing-default-metastore-derby-of-hive-to-mysql/

Thanks

Kishore

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Need to change default derby database to mysql for my cluster

Rising Star

In Cloudera Manager open Hive Configuration, next search for hive-site. The first row that appear is Hive Service Advance Configuration Snippet, copy there your xml file and changes should be permanent.

Highlighted

Re: Need to change default derby database to mysql for my cluster

Contributor

Cloudera Manager should be able to re-configure the underlying database for the Hive Metastore service. Go to Hive-->Configuration & search for something like database. You will need to set the following properties to point to the new database

Hive Metastore Database Type

Hive Metastore Database Name

Hive Metastore Database Host

Hive Metastore Database Port

Hive Metastore Database User

Hive Metastore Database Password

If the hive schema has not been created yet, you can enable the following property

Auto Create and Upgrade Hive Metastore Database Schema:

Hope this helps.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here