Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Need to install Oozie client on the RHEL outside the SUSE cluster and should be managed by ambari.

Contributor

Need to install Oozie client on the RHEL (red hat server outside the cluster) and have it talk with the SUSE Linux HDP cluster. RHEL server should be managed by Ambari. Is this possible? if so any directions please

17 REPLIES 17

Mentor

make sure RHEL repo is available in the registry, add the node as part of cluster and install client.

Contributor

@Artem Ervits Thanks for your reply! The problem we have here is the node (Red hat server) that we are trying to add should not be part of the cluster. Also, the metrics of the server (Red hat) should be managed by Ambari

Mentor

You can not achieve that without registering the node with Ambari.

Contributor

@Artem Ervits

I tried adding the external RHEL node to SUSE cluster via Ambari but getting this error

Exception: Local OS is not compatible with cluster primary OS family. Please perform manual bootstrap on this host.

Mentor

Link Add the ambari agent manually and register with ambari-server. docs are for old version of Ambari but aside from skipping epel release install everything else is the same.

Contributor

@Artem Ervits

I tried that too...

1388-error.png

but after installing the agent and when i try to add host manually the Ambari Add hosts page hungs and not able to proceed further

Mentor

What does the Ambari server log say and paste the screenshot of browser console when it hangs.

Contributor

Screenshot is already attached...Next button is grayed out ...

Contributor

Dont see anything on the Ambari server log