Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

@Neeraj Sabharwal, can you please share info about what is the best version of ambari.repo , HDP and AWS/EC2 instance AMI name?

@Neeraj Sabharwal, can you please share info about what is the best version of ambari.repo , HDP and AWS/EC2 instance AMI name?

Contributor

I just installed a HDP on AWS/EC2 and mongodb. Didn't get all details documented. when configure mongdb, I messed up my cluster. when I try to install new one, it never work. no matter what OS, ambari.repo and HDP version. I tried all combinations. nothing worked so far.

Since I have installed so many times, I dont miss anything when setup, I think, so I really think this is version compatibility. my name node never start, hdfs, yarn, etc, etc. Only zookeeper is up running.

I understand ambari.repo 2.4.1.0 is a very stable version, so I take it and install with AWS/EC2 REHL 6 and 7 then HDP 2.4 and 2.5.. all dont work.

Please advise.

thanks,

Robin

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here