Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

New CCA 175 certification 2020

Highlighted

Re: New CCA 175 certification 2020

Explorer

Hello,

The response that was given was essentially the exam FAQ. I think you guys must think that it coveres any and all questions that can be asked. But it does not!

The exam that I am referring to is CCA175.

You mention that in the simplified new environment, there are no text editors but that there are multiple interactive shells to do the work.

The video doesn't mention if I can open more than one shell at any given time. Please could you confirm whether I can have two shells open at the same time or not.

Thank you. 

Boris

Re: New CCA 175 certification 2020

Explorer

Just got back the following response which suggests that the "New" exam environment will let us have more than one terminal open:

Users can click the terminal's "File" menu, at which point they will see options at the top for opening a new terminal window or a new terminal tab in the same window (it's a matter of preference as to which users should do, but both result in a new shell).

Additionally, for the advanced user, the environment should have both the screen and tmux applications installed, which allow one to do terminal multiplexing in a single terminal session. The manual pages for those applications are also installed, so they can learn more about how they work by typing man screen or man tmux

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here