Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

New to Hadoop and Ambari - Need help with terminating TEZ queries

New to Hadoop and Ambari - Need help with terminating TEZ queries

New Contributor

Hi,

I am new to Hadoop and Ambari and experimenting with Hortonworks Docker Sandbox HDP. It was all good until I wanted to do some work with Census data (15MB file). It seems most of my Hive TEZ queries related to the external table are hanging forever and persisting restarting the cluster or the host.

Is it even possible to cancel a Hive query in the sandbox?

Hadoop 2.7.3.2.6.1.0-129

Thanks for your time.

Sinan

3 REPLIES 3

Re: New to Hadoop and Ambari - Need help with terminating TEZ queries

New Contributor

Screenshot showing RUNNING jobs.

40022-screen-shot-2017-10-29-at-94136-pm.jpg

Super Mentor

@Sinan Topuz

Tez jobs can be killed using the following command. Or the Other option will be to kill the jobs from the resource manager UI.

# yarn application -kill <Application-Id>

You can find the application-ID from either resource manager UI or from Tez view itself.

40023-find-app-id.png

Similarly in the ResourceManager UI also you will find the "Kill Application" button at the top of your application Id ... as following that can be used to kill the application.

40024-rm-ui-app-id.png

New Contributor

Thanks for your comment, Jay. My problem is, as seen in the screenshots I uploaded, I do not have an Application or a Session ID on these jobs for some reason. Any idea if these are somehow not actually RUNNING?

Thanks,

Sinan

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here