Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

NiFi LDAP UI Login not showing with ssl

NiFi LDAP UI Login not showing with ssl

Expert Contributor

I followed the guide here: https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/7341/nifi-user-authentication-with-ldap.html

I entered in all the correct LDAP info, I plan to use Ranger to auth. I have Ranger plugin disabled currently, just trying to get LDAP working on NiFi. I do NOT see any login screen, I send my ssl cert and that's it. Is there a way to not use a cert and just use ssl LDAP? How do i get the login window to appear when using SSL?

13470-nifi-noldap.png

6 REPLIES 6

Re: NiFi LDAP UI Login not showing with ssl

Master Guru

@Joe Petro

Your browser will always by send your user certificate in the request. NiFi by default will always look for a server cert in the request and will only display the login screen if a certificate was not present.

Just to verify you LDAP setup is correct, did you try to access your NiFi using a different browser that does not have your user cert loaded in it?

Thanks,

Matt

Master Guru

In Firefox advanced preferences you have the option of setting your browser to prompt you each time rather then always sending your user cert.

13481-screen-shot-2017-03-09-at-114236-am.png

You may have a similar option in Chrome as well.

Thanks,

Matt

Expert Contributor
Yes, I immediately get Secure Connection Failed
The connection to server1.mycompany.corp:9091 was interrupted while the page was loading.
    The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Expert Contributor

Hi yes I just tried Opera and hit cancel on cert, I get

This site can’t be reached
server1.mycompany.corp unexpectedly closed the connection.

Expert Contributor

Other users on different machines get the same error.

Expert Contributor
Is there a way to force the UI login to show?

You stated: "NiFi by default will always look for a server cert in the request and will only display the login screen if a certificate was not present." but this is not true in my case, why?