Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

NiFi LDAP not working

Highlighted

NiFi LDAP not working

Contributor

I have setup the NiFi to use LDAP(AD) with no configuration issues. But It did not laoding the login page, instead its logging in anonymously like before LDAP. I did not see any issues in the log. Can some one help me fix it.

Thnaks,

Suri

5 REPLIES 5

Re: NiFi LDAP not working

@Surya Nuthalapati

Did you configure NiFi to use the ldap-provider in the property nifi.security.user.login.identity.provider= ?

Contributor

hi @Wynner, thanks for the reply. Yes, I have set nifi.security.user.login.identity.provider as ldap-provider.

login-identity-providers.xml as:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <loginIdentityProviders> <provider> <identifier>ldap-provider</identifier> <class>org.apache.nifi.ldap.LdapProvider</class> <property name="Authentication Strategy">SIMPLE</property> <property name="Manager DN">CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=LABHADOOP,DC=COMPANY,DC=COM</property> <property name="Manager Password">COMPANY2017</property> <property name="Referral Strategy">FOLLOW</property> <property name="Connect Timeout">10 secs</property> <property name="Read Timeout">10 secs</property> <property name="Url">ldap://xx.xx.xx.xx:389</property> <property name="User Search Base">CN=Users,DC=LABHADOOP,DC=COMPANY,DC=COM</property> <property name="User Search Filter">sAMAccountName={0}</property> <property name="Identity Strategy">USE_USERNAME</property> <property name="Authentication Expiration">12 hours</property> </provider> </loginIdentityProviders>

But for some reason its not prompting login page and no errors in logs.

Thanks,

Suri

Contributor

I am not using SSL on NiFi/LDAP connection.

@Surya Nuthalapati

That is why you're not getting prompted to login. You must enabale SSL in NiFi for LDAP to work.

Contributor

Thank you @Wynner. I will try to setup SSL and see if it work.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here