Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NiFi installation

Could someone help me with links to install NiFi in windows which should access HDFS in sandbox. Thanks in Advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Bala Vignesh N V

There aren't any official documents that cover installing NiFi in Windows. But there are a few blogs that cover the process. Here is link to one of them: Install NiFi on Windows 7

Then, once NiFi is installed, you can come here to find several posts about getting data into HDFS.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

@Bala Vignesh N V

There aren't any official documents that cover installing NiFi in Windows. But there are a few blogs that cover the process. Here is link to one of them: Install NiFi on Windows 7

Then, once NiFi is installed, you can come here to find several posts about getting data into HDFS.

Super Mentor

@Bala Vignesh N V

The NiFI admin guide covers installing NiFi on Windows. It is done via the command line using the NIFI tar.gz file.

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDF2/HDF-2.1.0/bk_dataflow-administration/content/how-to-in...

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks @Matt Clarke and @Wynner. I will try it out and check if it works for me.

@Matt Clarke @Wynner

I have downloaded and ran run-nifi.bat in command line. A new cmd opens and throws "Error: Could not find or load main class Files\NiFi\nifi-1.1.2\bin\..\\logs". Any suggestion on how to get ride of this error?

@Bala Vignesh N V

What happens when you run the command "java -version" from the command line?

I could see the latest version of java. I have checked it already. Java is available and i have environment variable as well..

@Wynner

When i try to run-Nifi in c drive it works fine. But If copy Nifi and its related file to d drive and run-Nifi from that that directory then it throws an error.

@Wynner Thanks. it seems the problem is im not running nifi as adminstrator. It solved my issue. Im able to start NiFi through cmd. But again one more problem begins. Attached the screenshot appreciate your help.

14918-capture.png

@Bala Vignesh N V

That is normal, now just click the "/nifi" link, it will take you to the UI.