Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

NiFi processor PutHiveQL cannot connect to Kerberized Hive

Re: NiFi processor PutHiveQL cannot connect to Kerberized Hive

New Contributor

Hi @Matt Burgess,

AS per our latest comment, I am using Apache NiFi 1.4.0 and HDP 2.6. But we are still not able to connect to Hive from NiFi.

We tried adding libraries in the lib folder, the result of it is NiFi doesn't get launch.

Could you please help us?

Thank you.

Regards,

Khushboo Mehta.

Hi,

I am using Hortonworks NiFi 1.4.0 and HDP of v2.6. But still facing issues while routing a file from NiFi to Hive.

Thank you.

Regards,

Khushboo Mehta

Is this current behavior similar to your other question? If so, I have left an answer there, I hope it helps resolve your issue.

New Contributor

Hi , I am using latest hdf 3.x and nifi 1.2 and still getting the same error.

PutHiveQL is always throwing error something similar

cannot be started because it is not valid: '' is invalid because Failed to run validation due to java.lang.NullPointerException

nifi.processor.StandardValidationContext.isValidationRequired(StandardValidationContext.java)

I added 3 file location to the conf resources ( hdfs-site.xml, core-site.xml and hive-site.xml). Can anyone help me on this?

I am trying to load the data from hdfs to hive.

Step 1: GetFile

Step 2: PutHDFS

Step 3 : Replace Text . I added the hql in the replacement value ( create table nifi_test.clms (id int, name string) CLUSTERED BY(id) INTO 3 BUCKETS STORED AS ORC tblproperties("transactional"="true") LOCATION '${absolute.hdfs.path}';)

Step 4) PutHiveQL

All the above three steps are successful. Error is showing up in the Step 4.

If anyone provide one example, that would be great.

63403-nifi-1.png

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here