Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

NiFi running but UI only shows solid picture

NiFi running but UI only shows solid picture

New Contributor

I have nifi 1.0.0 installed on a centOS 6 virtual machine. I start nifi (using bin/nifi.sh start) and everything seems to start fine. I try to start the UI on my browser (firefox) and it connects but all I get is a blue screen with the water drop in the center. I do not get a tool bar or a grid to build on. I have checked that the UI started in nifi-app.log and I get:

2016-09-27 10:11:08,797 INFO [main] org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer NiFi has started. The UI is available at the following URLS:

2016-09-27 10:11:08,798 INFO [main] org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer http://127.0.0.1:8080/nifi

When I check the nifi status using bin/nifi.sh status I get:

2016-09-27 10:32:44,253 INFO [main] org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.Command Apache Nifi is currently running, listening to Bootstrap on port 47602, PID=2760

I have checked the log files for Errors and Warning. I only receive the following warning:

2016-09-27 10:11:03, 921 WARN [main] o.eclipse.jetty.util.DeprecationWarning Using @Deprecated Class org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.GzipFilter

2016-09-27 10:11:03, 922 WARN [main] org.eclipse,jetty.servlets.GzipFilter GzipFilter is deprecated. Use GzipHandler

This might be the source of my problem but I can't find where to fix this either

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: NiFi running but UI only shows solid picture

Contributor

Kim,

The warnings from your log shouldn't be an issue. What version of FireFox are you running? FireFox should have Developer Tools that may provide additional insight about why it's not loading. You should be able to see if some of the web requests are not completing or if there is a JavaScript error possibly due to an unsupported browser feature.

Matt

New Contributor

Yes there is an error in the error console. But its not something I know how to resolve. It just says "Color #aa00ff in palette undefined's hue A700, is invalid. Hex or rgb(a) color expected" its from /nifi/assets/angular-material/angular-material.min.js

There seems to be a lot of warnings from angular-material as well but I can't find that file anywhere

Contributor

In the Developer Tools, can you check the Network activity to see if any of the requests are failing? The warnings you mentioned in your console should not affect the UI from loading.

Did you try start nifi as a root before maybe? I.e. permissions issue. Delete the $NIFI_HOME/work direction, clear the logs start as a nifi user. Tail the output of nifi-app.log.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here