Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Nifi 1.1.0 InferAvroSchema flowfile repository failed to update / SchemaParseException: Can't redefine issue

Nifi 1.1.0 InferAvroSchema flowfile repository failed to update / SchemaParseException: Can't redefine issue

New Contributor

When using the InferAvroschema component for a complex json file I get the following exception:

2017-02-15 16:00:28,124 ERROR [Timer-Driven Process Thread-2] o.a.nifi.processors.kite.InferAvroSchema InferAvroSchema Failed to infer Avro schema for StandardFlowFileRecord[uuid=,claim=StandardContentClaim [resourceClaim=StandardResourceClaim[id=**, container=default, section=5], offset=0, length=1503821],offset=0,name=10_4.xml.1487174330411.json,size=1503821] due to org.apache.avro.SchemaParseException: Can't redefine: Facility.FacilitySet.CurrentAccount.CurrentAccounts: org.apache.avro.SchemaParseException: Can't redefine: Facility.FacilitySet.CurrentAccount.CurrentAccounts org.apache.avro.SchemaParseException: Can't redefine: Facility.FacilitySet.CurrentAccount.CurrentAccounts

The json file I'm using is a valid json (validated on the http://jsonlint.com/ website).

Anyone have encountered this issue before?

Regards,

Dawid

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Nifi 1.1.0 InferAvroSchema flowfile repository failed to update / SchemaParseException: Can't redefine issue

You might want to remove the corporate name reference out of the log message there chief.

Highlighted

Re: Nifi 1.1.0 InferAvroSchema flowfile repository failed to update / SchemaParseException: Can't redefine issue

@Dawid Glowacki Looking at the exception it seems you have nested record with the same name. Avro does not allow two records with the same name within schema. Try using the namespace to make sure the full record name unique to avoid this issue.

New Contributor

When a different XML use, I'm encountering a different issue now - FlowFile Repository Failed to update.

Not sure if the InferAvroSchema is mature enough to process bigger json files?

12549-nifi-flowfile-repository-failed-to-update.png