Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Nifi Certificate Authority - slave component is down

Highlighted

Nifi Certificate Authority - slave component is down

Explorer

Hi community,

We have a Hortonwork cluster of 2 Nifi nodes: A and B.

Nifi UI is accessible in both node A, B without any problem.

From Ambari dashboard, I got the message saying: "The following slave components are down: Nifi Certificate Authority". The message raised for node B.

I checked the nifi log on node B, there are several messages in ERROR level:

"2017-12-29 19:03:22,517 ERROR [Timer-Driven Process Thread-8] o.a.n.p.standard.HandleHttpResponse HandleHttpResponse[id=f339...ca6] Failed to respond to HTTP request for StandardFlowFileRecord[uuid=87...ceb,claim=StandardContentClaim [resourceClaim=StandardResourceClaim[id=15...15, container=default, section=251], offset=28771, length=40],offset=0,name=941...77,size=40] because FlowFile had an 'http.context.identifier' attribute of fa18...7e but could not find an HTTP Response Object for this identifier.

"

In our data-flow, we're using HandleHttpRequest/HandleHttpResponse process to maintain https connection to some client to exchange the data.

Does anyone know the reason why we got above error message? And does the error showed in Ambari (Nifi Certificate Authority) relate to above message?

Thank you,

Daniel

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Nifi Certificate Authority - slave component is down

The Ambari error message is not related to the error messages in your nifi-app.log.

The error messages about HandleHttpRequest/Response seem to indicate that HandleHttpResponse is looking in the DistributedMapCache for the response object that should have been put there by HandleHttpRequest, but for some reason it is not there.

Is it possible your DMC is reaching it's max size and evicting older entries by the time HandleHttpResponse looks in the cache?

Highlighted

Explorer

Thanks Bryan for the feedback.

You're right. The error I'm seeing in the log is not related to Nifi CA component. It turned out that we have never used that component so we just ignore the message.

There were a duplication in our HttpResponse component - we acknowledged the messages two times which make the exception thrown out. We're able to fix that finally.

Thanks again for your input!

Have a good day!

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi, 

I have the same issue, i am using the (HandleHttpRequest--> {Some Process}-->handlehttpresponse) when we invoking most of the time we getting the same error.

Could you let me know how you fixed? 

Thansk

Shakeel

Community Manager

@gkp_shakeel As this is an older post, you would have a better chance of receiving a resolution by starting a new thread. This will also be an opportunity to provide details specific to your environment that could aid others in providing a more accurate answer to your question. 

Vidya Sargur, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here