Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Nifi Cluster MissingBundleException in custom SQL processor

Nifi Cluster MissingBundleException in custom SQL processor

New Contributor

I have written an extention of the PutDatabaseRecord and created a custom processor of my own (basicly taking most of the code and changing a few things to match my needs), i have a nifi cluster including 5 nodes. the first time i uploaded the nar it was fine, but about 2 days later one of the nodes has crashed and could not connect back to the cluster the error im getting is

Failed to load flow from cluster due to: org.apache.nifi.controller.MissingBundleException: Failed to connect node to cluster because cluster flow contains bundles that do not exist on the current node Failed to load flow from cluster due to: org.apache.nifi.controller.MissingBundleException: Failed to connect node to cluster because cluster flow contains bundles that do not exist on the current node at org.apache,nifi.controller.StandardFlowService.loadFromConnectionResponse(StandardFlowService.java:939) at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService.load(StandardFlowService.java:516) at org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer.start(JettyServer.java:872) at org.apache.nifi.Nifi.<init>(Nifi.java:160) at org.apache.nifi.Nifi.main(Nifi.java:268) caused by: org.apache.nifi.controller.MissingBundleException: Found bundle org.sierra.nifi:nifi-custom-sql-Bundle-nar:1.4.0 but does not support org.apache.nifi.dbcp.DBCPConnectionPool at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowSynchronizer.checkBundleCompatibility(StandardFlowSynchronizer.java:493) at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowSynchronizer.sync(StandardFlowSynchronizer.java:283) at org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.synchronize(FlowController.java:1622) at org.apache.nifi.persistence.StandardXMLFlowConfigurationDAO.load(StandardXMLFlowConfigurationDAO.java:84) at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService.loadFromBytes(StandardFlowService.java:723) at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService.loadFromConnectionResponse(StandardFlowService.java:912) ... Caused By : java.lang.IlleagalStateException: Found bundle org.sierra.nifi:nifi-custom-sql-Bundle-nar:1.4.0 but does not support org.apache.nifi.dbcp.DBCPConnectionPool at org.apache.nifi.util.BundleUtils.findCompatibleBundle(BundleUtils.java:62) at org.apache.nifi.util.BundleUtils.getBundle(BundleUtils.java:98) at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowSynchronizer.checkCompatibleBundle(StandardFlowSynchronizer.java:941)

I have tried everything to understand what is the source of the problem and more importantly, how can i solve it. I have checked the lib dir to make sure the lib directory contains the dbcp bundle (and it's there)

Can anyone please recommend me a solution to my problem?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Nifi Cluster MissingBundleException in custom SQL processor

If you tried to extend an existing processor it is possible/likely your nar is including many things you didn't intend or should not have in it which can effectively pollute the bundling. If you want to extend another processor or component in NiFi you want to do so by copying the code rather than using maven to grab the same libraries and that component library then doing normal Java extension. Or, you want to do that extension within the original bundle itself. Does your nar have a listed dependency on the dbcp nar?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here