Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Nifi Task Scheduler

Nifi Task Scheduler

New Contributor

So, we currently allow users to generate reports online, which are then downloaded as CSV files. The report requests go to a REST service implemented using Nifi - all is working well for around 800 users with 10 report types.

The requirement now is to create a 'data agent' facility. The way this would work is that users could define a data agent for reports to have these sent to them periodically (monthly, weekly, daily) via email. Report type, email and frequency/schedules of reports would be held in MySQL.

My initial thoughts are that Quartz is well suited for this. However, I would like to use Nifi to achieve the same - especially as I could implement the report generation and emailing facility using existing processors. Should I think about a combination of Nifi with Quartz - as Nifi internally already uses Quartz could I somehow leverage this? Is there a way to add schedules, jobs and possibly processors to execute dynamically to the existing Nifi scheduler?

Any thoughts/ideas would be most welcome.

Many thanks

Aniello

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here