Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Nifi fail to initialize processor when one node in a cluster goes down

Highlighted

Nifi fail to initialize processor when one node in a cluster goes down

New Contributor

I have set up 2 node Nifi cluster with embedded zookeeper. It was working fine. Today in the morning due to some reason Node1 went down(It is not available now). Now on node2 nifi is running and it is showing disconnected from cluster(see the screenshot):Capture.PNG

Now if I execute this flow nifi is generating below error:

ListSFTP[id=174ee859-f525-316f-8160-5a745a63d3cf] Failed to properly initialize Processor. If still scheduled to run, NiFi will attempt to initialize and run the Processor again after the 'Administrative Yield Duration' has elapsed. Failure is due to java.io.IOException: Failed to obtain value from ZooKeeper for component with ID 174ee859-f525-316f-8160-5a745a63d3cf with exception code CONNECTIONLOSS: java.io.IOException: Failed to obtain value from ZooKeeper for component with ID 174ee859-f525-316f-8160-5a745a63d3cf with exception code CONNECTIONLOSS

As far as I understand, if one node goes down in the nifi cluster other node will become the primary node and do the work then why I am receiving this error. Please Note that this flow was working fine when all the nodes were up in cluster.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here