Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

No services listed on Ambari cluster installation

Expert Contributor

Hi,I am trying to install HDP with Ambari but on services page of cluster installation, no services are listed.

11456-screenshot-services-are-not-listed.png

I am using a local repository. There is one thing that i suspect: I have runned createrepo command in various directories. Could this have broken the repository and led to this problem? Should I delete all the repodata folders and create a new one? Do you think this can work?

Or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hi @Sagar Shimpi, hi @hardik desai,

I think I found the reason but I need to confirm, first.

The problem is about my local settings. Did you notice anything weird in the exception?

"Bad request: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum constant org.apache.ambari.server.state.kerberos.KerberosPrincipalType.SERVİCE"

enum "service" in uppercase has the Turkish capital of letter: 'i'

As String.toUpperCase() runs, service becomes SERVİCE instead of SERVICE

Most probably changing the local settings will work. Actually this is something I apply before all installations because it is a common problem for our local but I forgot for this one.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Expert Contributor

When following guide, after resetting ambari-server; I realized that I did not restart ambari agent on the host which also ambari-server runs.

Expert Contributor

@Sagar Shimpi

[root@bigdev1 ~]# java -version

java version "1.8.0_112" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_112-b15)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.112-b15, mixed mode)

Latest thing I tried is adding JCE files (for 1.8) to all hosts, restarting ambari-server and trying again but it didn't work.

Now I realized that I did not restart ambari-agent(s). I'll let you know the results in 10 minutes...

Expert Contributor

Hi @Sagar Shimpi, hi @hardik desai,

I think I found the reason but I need to confirm, first.

The problem is about my local settings. Did you notice anything weird in the exception?

"Bad request: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum constant org.apache.ambari.server.state.kerberos.KerberosPrincipalType.SERVİCE"

enum "service" in uppercase has the Turkish capital of letter: 'i'

As String.toUpperCase() runs, service becomes SERVİCE instead of SERVICE

Most probably changing the local settings will work. Actually this is something I apply before all installations because it is a common problem for our local but I forgot for this one.

Expert Contributor

@Sagar Shimpi,

This may not be the proper answer.

My friend made another installation recently on a cluster that I know very similar to my environment. He made an easy and clean install. I compared Ambari version, Java version, OS version, locale settings. They were all the same except Java version. He was using Java 8 update 77 while I used 8 update 112. I tried again with update 77 and result was the same. I also tried it again after changing $LANG variable to en_US.utf8. This setting is also Turkish on my friend's cluster. This change also did not work.

Expert Contributor

My locale settings are as following root@bigdev1 ~]# echo $LANG en_US.utf8 [root@bigdev1 ~]# localectl status System Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8 VC Keymap: tr X11 Layout: tr [root@bigdev1 ~]# locale LANG=en_US.utf8 LC_CTYPE="en_US.utf8" LC_NUMERIC="en_US.utf8" LC_TIME="en_US.utf8" LC_COLLATE="en_US.utf8" LC_MONETARY="en_US.utf8" LC_MESSAGES="en_US.utf8" LC_PAPER="en_US.utf8" LC_NAME="en_US.utf8" LC_ADDRESS="en_US.utf8" LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.utf8" LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.utf8" LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.utf8" LC_ALL= [root@bigdev1 ~]# echo $LANG en_US.utf8